Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Writing Wednesday: Getting back in the Groove

So... I've been a bit remiss with this blog. If you've visited in the last few weeks, looking for book reviews or writing tips or snarky commentary on life... I apologize.

Excuses? Let's see.

My two older boys were home from college for three weeks in December (both left again January 2) so I planned ahead and scheduled posts for the month. My dad and sister stayed with us for the holidays, and there was the usual holiday craziness swirling around...

...and by New Years Day I was exhausted.

And way behind on both day-job work and finishing the novella I have on deadline for an upcoming spring anthology. Not to mention the piles of laundry, guest rooms to be cleaned, etc. etc. etc. Keeping up with this blog loomed over my head as one more thing, one more responsibility, one more ball I needed to keep juggling, but I just couldn't.

I'm sure you've heard it all before, but I'm only one person. I'm continually amazed by how much women get accomplished on their own (sometimes that's me) but I'm also continually amazed by how much is expected from women and that goes completely unsung. (also me. But face it, it's every woman.)

So this is my mea culpa, to both my readers and to myself. We all put a lot of pressure on ourselves to do it all, to just do it, to keep all the balls in the air at all times.

Sometimes we drop a ball.

Forgive and move on. Pick the balls back up, and keep juggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?