Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Writing Wednesday: The Editing Cave

Have you heard a writer start a sentence with, "I'm in the editing cave..." ? It's the time when an author is supposed to be working on edits freshly received, and not playing around on blogger or social media, or tweeting about the weather...

Yeah. I'm supposed to be in that cave right now. But it seems my cave isn't deep enough, and I keep crawling out with my edits undone. Kids need rides. Food needs to be gathered and prepared. Basketball games need to be cheered along.

Life goes on and the cave isn't deep enough to shield me from my family.

What do you do when you need to buckle down and finish a round of edits? Midnight coffee after everyone else is in bed sounds good, but I'm not sure I'd be functional in time to put kids on buses and whatnot. How do you handle things in your writing or editing cave?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?