Monday, October 8, 2012

Long Weekends and Upcoming Events





Long weekends are for hanging out with friends and long walks on the beach. The dogs are happy, and looking forward to more of it today. The sun is shining here at the moment, so I'll need to jump on that soon!

The kids have been out of school since Friday, and in between rain showers we've had periods of beautiful sunshine and beach walking weather. Last night we visited my parents who have friends in from California that I haven't seen since my wedding. I used to babysit for their kids eons ago - it's crazy to see the photos of the children of the children I remember taking care of....mind boggling.

More mind boggling is that tomorrow night, my publisher and friend Nicola Burnell and I will be the speakers at the monthly ABWA meeting in Hyannis. The American Business Women Association has a Cape Cod chapter - you can read about them here - and the blurb about us from their website reads:
The Cape Cod Chapter of the American Business Women’s Association is pleased to welcome Nicola Burnell, Publisher, and Katie O’Sullivan, Editor, of the online publication, CapeWomenOnline.com, as the guest speakers for their next business meeting. The meeting will be held at the NEW DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod (former Radisson) at 287 Iyannough Road, Hyannis, on Tuesday, October 9th, with networking beginning at 5:30 PM followed by the dinner and business meeting at 6 PM.

Nicola and Katie will be discussing their online magazine, and how it has grown over the last 5 years of publication, thanks to the regular submissions from local writers, artists and business women. It is truly a community effort that receives an amazing amount of support from women who love to read the stories they publish. Nicola and Katie will also be discussing their ever-expanding vision, and their recent initiative to bring the women their readers love to read about right into community events, where their readers can meet and network with them directly.

The ABWA Member Spotlight for October will be Dr. Diane Todd, of Nauset Optical.
To register for the October 9th ABWA business meeting, please reserve your space online here OR send an email to reserve@abwacapecod.org. Dinner costs $22 for members by the reservation date, $27 for members after reservation date, and $27 for guests.

Wish me luck, as I'm not really the greatest of public speakers! We (Nicola and I) attended a party Friday at the Little Beach Gallery in Hyannis, and I told everyone I'm already planning to hide behind Nickey when we're on stage. One of these days I'll get over that fear... maybe it will be tomorrow. We'll see!

The other thing I'm looking forward to - and this one I'm a lot more excited about - is on Wednesday, 10/10, I'm hosting author Constance Phillips right here on my blog! To celebrate, I'll be giving away a paperback copy of her novel FAIRYPROOF to one lucky commenter! So come back later in the week to leave a comment and win her great debut novel! I'll announce the winner on Saturday - good luck!

What are you looking forward to this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?