Friday, March 25, 2011

Read, Write, Sleep


Simple Goals for my day, and for my whole weekend: Read, Write, Sleep.

Read: I stopped at the library yesterday (on Girl Scout related business) and picked up Jennifer Crusie's new novel, MAYBE THIS TIME. I started it last night while waiting for late night soccer practice to be over - I'm hooked. I love Jenny Crusie's style!

Write: I'm back on a roll with the WIP (another romance set on Cape Cod) - so glad the characters started talking to me again, and including me in the conversation!

Sleep: Somehow I'm woefully behind on sleep. Could be that we've become addicted to the Showtime series DEXTER and have been catching up with all the old seasons of shows at night, after the kids are in bed... it's like potato chips, you can't have just one... but I found my eyes starting to blur on one of the myriad drives I had to do with kids yesterday... and it scared me. Fifteen chocolate covered espresso beans later, and then a tall latte at 7pm, I wasn't tired driving home from soccer practice... so we stayed up to watch 2 more episodes of DEXTER. Dumb! But oh-so-much-fun to watch! The writers on that show do an amazing job of weaving their tales and surprising the viewers.

So that's my weekend in a nutshell. What do you have planned?

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Karen & Ruth! Thanks for stopping by!
    Looking forward to the A to Z Challenge - a little nervous, but it should be fun to see what people come up with ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dexter is my favorite series, and I have all seasons on DVD, even though I haven't missed an episode when it's aired.

    I'm looking forward to seeing what you have to say during the A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Kelly,
    We just watched the last episode of the final season... all caught up to "real time" now and can barely wait for the new season to begin. So much more fun to have them all at your fingertips, lol.
    Thanks for following - on my way to check out your blog now...

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?