Monday, April 19, 2010

Monday Sunshine


The sun is out, the sky is blue, and I signed my second book contract.

It's a romantic suspense set on Cape Cod, contracted by another (different) small publisher to be both an ebook and a paperback novel. They hope to have it edited and out for a July release, so in addition to track, soccer, Girl Scouts, and magazine editing, I think I'm going to be quite busy with actual writing and rewriting in the next month or so. *yea!*

The working title of the story is "Perfect Strangers." My mother said, "Hasn't that been used before?" so I looked it up on Amazon.com. Oh yeah, it's been used before. At least thirty times in the last thirty years, give or take an extra article or preposition. Danielle Steele already has two novels by that name all by herself. Okay, so one thing has to be changed right off the bat!

I was truly hoping the next manuscript I sold would be my middle grade mermaid adventure. Which is still under consideration with a really great NY agent (fingers crossed) But I'm enjoying this contract, too. And hoping it all goes smoothly.

Meanwhile, April vacation beckons. Time to make marshmallow fudge from the Pink Princess Cookbook with my own little princess! What are you doing to celebrate Patriots Day?

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new book deal! And I want some of the fudge - sounds yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo!!!! Way to go Katie!!!! I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the good wishes!
    And yes, Melanie - the fudge is pretty tasty!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?