Monday, March 1, 2010

Slushfest Monday


I mean slush as in storm, not as in those manuscripts sitting in knee-deep piles on editor and agent desks... where my queries are buried in the cyberslush piles... or the piles of queries in my inbox at the magazine...

Actual slush, in the form of extra-wet precipitation, is falling from the sky this morning, covering the beach and filling the roads with slippery badness. School was delayed for two-hours while they tried to make the roads safer for the buses to muddle through. My sneakers are soaked from standing at the bus stop with my daughter, trying to keep her hair under her hood because it's spring picture day at school today.

Slush. Nature's way of reminding us that spring isn't quite here yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?