Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Ghost Tale for Tuesday

I apologize for not having an original tale cued up for this morning - I've been wrapped up reading other people's stories and books this week (as well as trying to finish my own latest WIP)

I tried to read The Shadow of the Wind when it first came out. I couldn't make it past the first 50 pages - I didn't get it. Or maybe it was that the kids were home on vacation and there was too much chaos to allow myself to be swept into the rich worlds that Carlos Ruiz Zafon paints for his readers.

His latest book - The Angels Game - was similarly hard to start, but there was enough intrigue to keep me going. The storyline keeps me guessing - I have no idea where its going next - and the writing is rich and beautiful.

Why is this a ghost tale? The main character, David Martin, is caught up in a swirling saga of past and present, where hopes and desires are twisted... he's haunted by both actual ghosts and the ghosts of his own longing. It's hard to explain, but beautiful to read.

Find it. Try it. Buy it.

Happy Tuesday to all...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?