Saturday, September 19, 2009

Writing and Procrastination

Nicola Morgan has a wonderful blog full of advice for writers. Read her most recent post by clicking here. Having just recently started writing again, some of the things she talked about made me laugh out loud, because of COURSE I was making all kinds of excuses all summer long as to why it was simply impossible for me to write with the kids around, and house guests, and all that goes on in the summer.

Is fall any less busy? Not really, it's just a different kind of busy. One that I'm used to fitting around my writing...

And what kind of advice do I give fellow writers when they ask? KEEP WRITING. It's the most important thing to remember. Even in the midst of myriad rejections and oh-so-close-but-not-quite emails, keep writing. I guess I did keep writing over the summer, but in short bursts for the magazine. (And I've already got three pieces written and one edited for the Holiday Issue (which should be a fun issue!)) But I'm back in my writing routine, and feel much better for it.

And like Nicola suggests, I did not and never intend to give up chocolate. That's just crazy talk.

1 comment:

  1. Give up chocolate??? That IS crazy talk! :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?