Monday, March 23, 2009

Mister Monday

Cape Cod Weather Today: Bright sunshine, partly cloudy, although the thermometer says it's only 31 degrees out there. There is a layer of ice on the pool cover again, and the wind whips through occasionally rattling the windows... and don't get me started about tomorrow's predicted snow showers... ! Spring? Hello? Where are you?

I'm feeling pretty lousy today with a stuffy head and not enough sleep, although the sore throat is gone. I'm afraid my oldest has the same thing, and hoping with fingers crossed that my husband didn't catch it too as his alarm went off at 3:30 a.m. to catch four different flights today for a meeting in Kentucky...

So after the kids got on the bus I curled up to finish Book One of Garth Nix's "Keys to the Kingdom" series. My middle child read it last week and put it on my desk. "Read this next," he said.

So I did.

What great world building Nix has wrought. I've never read any of his books before, but I'll definitely head out to find the rest of this series soon. I recommend it highly.

I'd hoped the book would inspire me to keep going with my own young adult book, but my head is feeling too stuffed up to sit here and write for very long. Besides, I just sent off the last manuscript on Friday. Perhaps I should take a break and catch up on other things. Like the laundry. And the vacuuming. And digging the Easter decorations out of the scary attic.

Now there's a story in the making... the scary attic.... hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead - leave a comment! You know you want to! But don't be Anonymous - that'll just get you deleted. And who wants that?